Find the answers to these questions by visiting the suggested webpages. Once you have completed the questionnaire, you will be an expert on Christmas around the world.
- Go to www.bored.com/oldsuperstitions/christmas.html and complete the following sentences.
- If the shadow cast by one person gathered round the fire on Christmas night seems to lack a head, that person__________________________
- If the first visitor on Christmas happens to be a dark-haired man, ____________. If it is a woman,________________________________
- If a dog howls on Christmas Eve, it______________________________
- Enter this website www.somucheasier.co.uk/unusual-gifts.html and find out what these original gifts are.
- Chocolate Tasting Club
- Framed Share Certificate
- Give a Song
- Personal Novel
- What´s going on around the world on Christmas Day? Go to www.neatorama.com/2010/12/15/christmas-celebrations-around-the-world/ and find out.
- Austria: Who is Krampus?
- Czech Republic: How does Svaty Mikulas climb down to Earth?
- Finland: Why are graveyards a beautiful place to visit on Christmas Eve?
- France: What is a buche de Nol?
- Italy: Who is the Befana?
- Japan: Why do people go to KFC fast food restaurants?
- Venezuela: How do people in Venezuela go to church on Chirstmas day?
- What do they eat in the countries mentioned? Find some help at www.telegraph.co.uk/expat/expatpicturegalleries/89456347Christmas-dinner-around-the-world.html?image=6
- Are you curious about the Guinness Christmas records? You will find information at www.telegraph.co.uk/topics/christmas/8209849/In-pictures-20-Guinness-world-records-with-a-Christmas-theme.html?image=7
- How long has Jean-Guy Laquerre been collecting Santa Claus memorabilia?
- What is the size of the largest Santa?
- Where was the largest floating Christmas tree erected?
- What was the most expensively decorated tree set up with?
- How many participants were involved in the largest Santa secret game?